- Sleeps: 5
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 King Bed
- 1 Queen Bed
- 1 Hide-A-Bed
- Linens included
- 3 Baths
- Wifi, Streaming Services Only
- Wood Fireplace
Be among the first to stay at the Nickels Quarters- a luxurious oceanfront, beachfront custom home recently built in the Nedonna Beach neighborhood of Rockaway Beach.
This 2-bedroom 2.5-bathroom residence is one-of-a-kind, combining contemporary amenities with hand-crafted woodwork, refurbished nautical décor, and original art throughout the home.
The Nickels Quarters provides an unforgettable beach experience inside and out:
• King bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and walk-in shower
• Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom and soaking tub
• Open concept great room with panoramic ocean views, featuring Room & Board furnishings, cozy Pendleton throws, and a wood-burning fireplace
• Built-in dining nook providing spectacular views of the ocean and Neahkahnie Mountain with seating for 8
• Second-floor deck with ocean view and gas BBQ
• Custom kitchen equipped with new stainless-steel appliances, gas range, and 30-piece set of pots and pans
• Culinary extras for creating interactive meals- waffle maker, raclette grill, ice cream maker, and crab feast accessories
• Ground floor deck in sheltered dunes with pass-through window to foyer bar
• Dedicated workspace with high-speed internet connectivity
Four generations of the Nickels Family have vacationed in Rockaway Beach, enjoying the panoramic ocean views, dramatic 7-mile beachfront, and its restorative qualities year around. The Nickels Quarters is a new home built on the site of the original- the best of both worlds.
New Mid-century modern furnishings and luxurious amenities are infused with the personality of select pieces from the original home… reclaimed porthole window, antique ship desk, and turn-of-the-century local photos. Designed to be a comfortable retreat for family and friends, the home accommodates up to five overnight guests.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
Primary Bedroom 1: King-sized bed, crisp white linens, Pendleton blanket, and an en-suite bathroom with a walk-in shower. The room includes a dedicated workstation, high-speed internet, and a comfortable Room and Board desk chair overlooking the sand dunes.
Primary Bedroom 2: Queen-sized bed, crisp white linens, Pendleton blanket, and en-suite bathroom with shower and soaking tub. A high-efficiency washer and dryer are located behind the barn door.
Foyer- First Floor:
The foyer provides a warm welcome with cheerful Mid-century modern décor and colorful original art lining the wall. Make a cocktail at the Tiki Bar to enjoy on the deck or stroll the home’s private path and catch the sunset from the dunes. The foyer can double as an additional sleeping space for one guest utilizing the convertible sofa.
The Living Space- Second Floor:
Ascend the stairs past the porthole window and nautical memorabilia where wrap-around windows frame crashing ocean waves. As your eyes travel north following the expansive surf and sand dunes, you have an unobstructed view of Neahkahnie mountain beyond the jetty.
The great room architecture is perfectly constructed to immerse in the views… the dining nook bumps out putting you even closer to the ocean and Neahkahnie mountain. Twin swivel chairs and an L-shape couch allow guests to face enjoying the views, then after sunset, take in the flatscreen TV and woodburning fireplace for cozy evenings. Peruse the selection of local books, play board games and use the binoculars to catch a closer view of crabbing vessels or migrating whales.
Kitchen and Dining- Second Floor:
Continue to enjoy your guests and the ocean view during meal preparation. The fully equipped kitchen includes an island with counter stools, quartz countertops, new stainless-steel appliances with a gas range, and fully stocked custom cabinets. Enjoy your meals from the built-in dining nook with its panoramic ocean view or fire up the BBQ grill for alfresco dining. Linger over brunch or an interactive dinner party using the waffle maker, raclette grill and ice cream maker.
Enjoy the beach right outside your door, with the beach chairs, sports equipment, and games provided. Take the fishing poles two blocks to Nedonna Pond, stocked annually by the OR Dept of Fish and Wildlife with catchable rainbow trout. A short walk north along the beach takes you to the jetty, the convergence of the Pacific Ocean, and Nehalem Bay. Venture from there to Nedonna Marsh, and the walking path through the native salt wetlands where coyotes, river otters, and deer reside. The Jetty Creek and McMillan Creek flow through this estuary and into Nehalem Bay.
Explore our neighboring coastal towns further north:
Wheeler and Nehalem Bay- great for crabbing, clamming, fishing, and restaurants with outstanding food and a scenic atmosphere.
Manzanita and Cannon Beach- Hike the trails at Oswald West State Park and Ecola State Park to experience the coast from atop Neahkahnie Mountain. Manzanita Links golf course and Haystack Rock are also area highlights.
Venture south for more restaurant choices and activities including bike rentals and; Scenic Train (Rockaway Beach), Three Graces tide pools (Garibaldi), Tillamook Cheese Factory, and Cape Meares Lighthouse (Tillamook).
From Tillamook to Astoria, chart your culinary path along the North Coast Food Trail. This area of unmatched beauty and variety of unique food experiences inspire you to explore your senses. Nedonna Beach in Rockaway Beach is a scenic, tranquil base for exploring the entire area.
No Pets: Pets are not permitted at this property. Please find other accommodations for your furry friends.
Streaming Services Only.
No Smoking: This is a smoke-free residence. Smoking is not permitted indoors, on the decks or dunes.
*Each home is individually owned. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change at any time. For questions on this, please contact our office.
*Rates are subject to change and may vary:
View Availability, Rates & Secure Booking
• Click on the calendar link.
• Select arrival/departure dates for current rates and booking details.
*Discover your perfect Oregon Coast getaway at Beachcombers NW and skip additional third-party travel site service fees!
$350 - 649 /Night
Deposits & Policies
|No Pets Allowed
Things to See & Do
• Kite Festival: September
• Halloween Town: October
• Artisans Market: June
• 4th of July Celebration
• Arts & Crafts Fair: August
Visit RockawayBeach.net for current dates and details.
• Beach Activities: Rockaway Beach boasts a scenic sandy coastline, perfect for sunbathing, beach combing, building sandcastles, beach volleyball, and enjoying stunning sunsets.
• Twin Rocks: Take a stroll to Twin Rocks, iconic rock formations just offshore from the beach, which are a great spot for photography.
• Crabbing and Clamming: Engage in crabbing and clamming in the nearby bays and estuaries. Check for regulations and licenses before you go.
• Fishing: Enjoy some fishing off the shore or consider booking a fishing charter for deep-sea fishing experiences.
• Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad: Take a ride on the historic Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad, which offers scenic tours along the coastline.
• Tillamook Creamery: Visit the nearby Tillamook Creamery to learn about cheese-making, sample delicious cheeses, and enjoy ice cream. About a 15-mile drive.
• Antique Shopping: Explore the antique stores in Rockaway Beach for unique finds and treasures.
• Jetty Fishery: Visit the Jetty Fishery, where you can buy fresh seafood or try your hand at crabbing and fishing.
• Nehalem Bay State Park: Head to Nehalem Bay State Park for hiking, picnicking, and bird-watching opportunities. Approximately 14 miles away.
• Kayaking and Paddleboarding: Rent a kayak or paddleboard to explore the serene waters of the nearby rivers and bays.
• Twin Rocks Friends Camp for Retreats and Conference Facilities.
• Lake Lytle: Picnic, fish, or paddle board on calm waters at Lake Lytle. A small lake located in Rockaway Beach.
• Beach Bonfires: Check local regulations and have a beach bonfire with family and friends for a cozy evening experience.
• Visit Garibaldi: Take a short drive to Garibaldi, a charming coastal town, and explore their marina, restaurants, and shops.
• Whale Watching: During whale migration seasons, you might be able to spot some whales from the shore so bring your binoculars. For a better view, try nearby Neahkahnie Mountain about 16-miles north.
• Cape Meares Lighthouse: Visit the nearby Cape Meares Lighthouse and explore the surrounding state park with scenic views.
• Biking: Bring or rent a bike to explore the town and nearby scenic trails.
• Golfing: Enjoy a round of golf just 15 miles away at Alderbrook Golf Course in Tillamook.
Listing views: 1,248 | Month views: 62 | Year views: 115
Listing # 3212
The Nickels Quarters - Nedonna Beach
2BR | 3BA | Sleeps 5
No Pets Allowed